This week has been so busy I almost let it slip by without posting my favorite furniture pieces. I somehow managed to choose my five for this week and can’t wait to share them with you! This week I’ve been drawn to many vintage pieces with an all wood exterior. I tend to gravitate towards the freshly painted vintage dressers, however the ones you will see on this list really caught my attention – even without a fresh coat of paint. You’ll see these pieces, although getting up there in age, still look young and full of life. In addition to these pieces I also wanted to get back to upholstery – reminding myself and all of you how much I love this trade and hope to learn more about it! Enjoy!
- Mid Century Modern American of Martinsville Club Chair – I love these chairs and have had these on my ‘favorite’ list for a long time. These vintage side chairs have been refurbished and reupholstered by Retrospective Austin and would really be the showcase in your living or family room.
2. 1960s Danish Teak Desk – I love vintage desks, such as this with the classic drop leaf top. I also am a huge fan of this shop, ABTModern.
They offer so many amazing vintage pieces and are not afraid to sell them in their original glory. They understand that not all antiques need an update – some are still just as amazing now as they used to be. This desk, not only a show stopper, but also a functional work space, would be the perfect addition to your home!
3. Midcentury Nine Drawer Dresser – I love the lines and overall midcentury feel of this spacious dresser. I’m so glad this one wasn’t painted – I love the stain color and think it’s perfect just as it is! This amazing dresser can be found at Black Button Vintage on Etsy.
4. Bright Red and Blue Accent Chair – This chair would clearly make a statement in any room in your home! I love the color combination and think the contrasting back fabric is just perfect. I have been following Throne Upholstery for such a long time – their pieces are so creative and impressive!
5. Midcentury Nine Drawer Dresser #2 – I know this piece is so similar to my pick for #3 this week. I just had to include it in my favorites. I love the hidden drawer pulls and sleek style of this piece. I also love the all wood stain look on this piece and think it looks amazing. The Hunt Vintage LA has so many unique midcentury pieces which are still sporting their original patina and look so great!