Welcome to the weekend! We have had such a busy week here and are welcoming the weekend with open arms. Before it starts, however, here are our five favorite furnishings. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Navy Antique Tall Boy – This navy highboy, redesigned by The Splattered Smock is stunning! This piece would shine in any bedroom, office, or entry space in your home. I am in love with navy and love the combo with the stained top, but my favorite part of this dresser is the original hardware! These beautiful lion’s head drawer pulls are so cool and pop against the navy, yet are small enough to give the piece a subtle elegance. Sadly, it looks like this piece has already found it’s home, however this shop has many similar vintage pieces and will also do custom work.
2. Midcentury Modern Low Dresser – The original, all wood look of this piece is sure to be a show stopper in your home. This dresser by the quality furniture company, Hoke Wood Products, is a true mid century treasure. This piece, from the early 1960s, is still in such great condition and has been restored by QuinnCASA from Brooklyn. Our favorite parts of this piece are the subtle hardware and the cool hideaway drawers at the base of this piece. This dresser offers so much storage and would add a classy, midcentury feel to your living space.
3. Kent Coffey Insignia Highboy – Speaking of midcentury pieces, here is one of our favorite designs, a Kent Coffey Insignia highboy, which still shines and looks amazing in its original condition. Kent Coffey offers truly unique pieces with tons of storage and a sleek design. This piece can be found at Urva. I love the overall look of this piece in its original glory, but can also envision a two tone redesign – possibly painting the outer frame of the piece.
4. Mustard Tall Boy Dresser – This dresser just brightened my day today. I have not tried painting furniture this color yet, but this piece has inspired me to start choosing some brighter, bolder colors. I love this highboy and think it would look amazing in a nursery or child’s bedroom, paired with some gray pieces. I am equally in love with the mirrored wall behind this piece – see my previous post about mirrors here! This bright Meredew Furniture piece was redesigned by a favorite shop of mine, The VintagewareStore, which I have highlighted in previous Friday posts. Their shop has so many fun, creative redesigns and they are located in the UK.
5. Black Midcentury Side Table – I am always drawn to dresser redesigns as I choose my favorites, but I have to remember to include the ‘little guys’ too! This stunning black midcentury side table looks so sharp and would be a great accent piece in your living space or would also serve as a perfect nightstand in your bedroom. This piece can be found at UrbanRefabbers in Chicago!
Remember to check out our shop for new arrivals!