It’s shocking to think that 2015 is at its end. The years seem to fly faster and faster these days. We are still building and refinishing at GroveJobShop and can’t wait to share our newest vintage piece in a few short days. In honor of the new year arriving in just a few hours, here are five favorite pieces from shops that have inspired me throughout this past year. Some of these pieces have been profiled on previous ‘friday’ posts, yet others are new pieces offered, and currently for sale, by these talented shops.
- MCM Vintage Buffet – TRWPainted is such an impressive shop located in Ohio. Each unique piece in their shop would be a show shopping addition to any home. Their refinishing truly brings these pieces back to life and this vintage buffet is no exception. I love the lines, hardware and color combination of this piece. Add this to your dining room, entry way or living room!
- Graphite MCM Buffet – Carlabydesign, located in Georgia, always creates amazing refinished vintage pieces with stunning colors and hardware and is one of my favorite shops. The available pieces in her shop do not last long, so grab this beautiful graphite midcentury buffet while it’s still there!
- Blue Egg Brown Nest – This blog has been such an inspiration to me over this past year. Christen creates some of the most beautiful pieces and is located in Virginia. I recently posted one of her refinished china cabinets on a ‘favorites’ post and it of course is already sold. Check out her blog for painting, design and lifestyle tips. Here’s also another look at that amazing (already sold) china hutch.
- Twice Loved Furniture Creations – This local (for us) shop, located in Palatine, IL consistently creates classic refinished vintage furniture in a wide variety of colors. Much of her work is custom ordered, such as this beautiful china hutch.
- Black Dresser – VintageRefinedDecor, located in Chicago, this shop has continued to be an inspiration to me as well. Many of her pieces and the style she uses in refinishing them are exactly what I would choose. Her shop shows many of her sold pieces which will give you plenty of ideas when requesting custom work from her. This beautiful black low dresser is one of the few available pieces and would be stunning in any space in your home.
Happy New Year!